In the first part of this workshop we’ll find out what is User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI), short formed as “UX/UI”, and why it is important for your small business.
1. What kind of digital products do you currently or plan to have available for your users? (eg: website, mobile app, Instagram shop, etc.)
2. What is your business goal? You can be as specific as possible! (eg: Reach $$ in revenue by Dec, have x number of customers sign up, receive x number of inquiries, etc.)
In the second part of this workshop, we’ll take a deep dive into your users’ personas and learn how to provide a good user experience for them. We’ll also go through efficient design decisions based on psychology.
1. Who is your primary user?
2. What is the goal of your user?
3. What are their motivations?
4. What are their pain points?
1. List down 4 main journey steps your customers take to engage with your business. (What are all of the stages of interaction? Where do you have opportunities to engage with the customer?)
2. To summarise your customer's motivations and journey, fill in the textbox below in your customer's point of view. (eg: When I shop for a new dress online, I want to make sure that the size is right for me, so I can save time and not worry about returning if it doesn't fit)
In the third of this workshop, we’ll go through some design principles to keep in mind and use while designing your digital experience to ensure that the message gets communicated across to the target audience or users you’ve identified in Part 2.
1. Based on your audience you’ve identified in Part 2, which design strategies would resonate with them?
We’ll explore tools you can use to design depending on your skill level.
1. Which tools will you be looking to explore or try after this workshop?